Best Non-Surgical Anti-ageing Treatments
As the human body ages, there is a loss of subcutaneous fat that can lead to fine lines and wrinkles. One of the other contributing factors is sun exposure that leads to skin discoloration and fine wrinkles. I have put together a list of non-surgical anti-ageing treatments that can be used to keep your skin looking young and healthy.
1. Dermal Fillers
Fillers can give effective and immediate results to plump up an area that has lost volume. It can fill in deep folds under the skin, create fuller lips and cheeks. It can create an appearance of a fuller skin.
2. Muscle Relaxers
Botulinum toxin (Botox, Dysport) temporary paralyzes the muscles, appearing to give a smooth appearance to the fine lines and wrinkles. It doesn’t really help improve the skin tone or texture. It works best on the upper third part of the face especially around the eyes and forehead.
4. Fat Melting
Using Deoxycholic acid (Kybella) injection helps the fat break down and absorb into the body. This is used to target the sagging fat under the chin.
These procedures can give your skin a smoother appearance with reduced fine lines and wrinkles. It is basically a method of removing the top layer of skin in a controlled manner.
1. Chemical Peel Treatments
The exfoliating chemical is applied directly to the skin. It causes the skin to shed resulting in fresher skin cells. When using a higher concentration of chemicals, it emulates a skin wound causing the body to increase collagen production. The new skin is tighter and helps reduce fine lines, small scars, skin discoloration, and sun damage.
Popular beauty brands make lower concentrations of glycolic acid, lactic acid, salicylic acid, and trichloracetic acid that can be purchased easily online or at beauty stores to be used at home. Some people can get adverse reactions, so it is advisable if you are using over 20% to go to a recognised clinic.
Dermal rollers boost collagen production.
- Jade facial roller reduces inflammation and boosts collagen production. They have been known to be used in ancient China. The jade stone is believed to have natural healing properties. Recent beauty trends have shown a renewed interest in the jade and rose quartz rollers. The recommended usage is to roll your face after applying night cream and serums on a clean face.
- Microneedling face roller system has small needles that cause micro-tears in the system, leading the body to promote collagen production to heal the area.
This is the process of gently scraping off the top layer of skin that contain dead skin cells so that the underneath brighter complexion can be removed.
This is the process of removing the top layer of skin using crystals or diamond tipped wand to exfoliate the skin. Similar to chemical peels, it helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and improve skin texture.
1. Laser Procedures
This procedure is used to improve the overall wellness of the skin, targeting fine lines, skin tone, and texture. The damage caused by lasers promote collagen promotion that helps plump up the skin. The laser procedures can be used to target the skin at varying depths, depending on the desired result.
2. IPl & other heat-based treatments
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) uses intense light to heat the epidermis and dermis to stimulate collagen production. It requires a series of treatments that show gradual improvement. It is best for improving skin tone and texture.
Other heat-based treatments include the use of:
3.Radio-frequency (Thermage) can smoothen, tighten and improve the appearance of skin. It is an expensive procedure which can last a couple of years.
4.Ultrasound (Ultherapy, HIFU) can help lift and tighten skin.
5. Jett plasma uses plasma to stimulate and contract the skin, causing tightening and lifting
5. Personal LED anti-ageing device
LED light therapy offers a lot of benefits and their effect varies based on the varying coloured lights and their varying wavelengths. There are also handheld LED-based devices that can be used at home. It is painless and requires minimal to no recovery time.
- Infrared helps reduce inflammation, accelerate healing and promote circulation.
- Amber helps build collagen and elastin.
- Red helps reduce inflammation and promotes circulation.
- Blue destroys acne bacteria, preventing new breakouts while treating existing ones
They require multiple treatment sessions before you see start seeing results.
28 February 2021